The highly requested "I'm coming to revive you" feature is finally coming to Battlefield 1 along with Ammo 2.0 and many other gameplay changes. Medics will soon be able to mark dead teammates you plan to rescue with the coming Revive Indicator. The new Revive Indicator, as well as the all the adjustments to Battlefield 1, are live now on the Community Test Environment and will enter onto the Live Servers after they've been sufficiently tweaked.
DICE developer Julian Manolov has been working on the feature and pushed it onto the CTE today. The new Revive Indicator, when used, should mark a dead teammate you plan on reviving. The mechanic should work similarly to the Squad Order — to capture or defend a point — as well as the Spotting mechanic to mark enemies.
If you are the dead teammate awaiting rescue, there should be a notification to warn you against redeploying.
Medics can now "spot" dead players to let them know they are attempting to come save them. The dead player will see a notification in the bottom left (where nearby medics are listed), and the medic will get an objective-indicator on the corpse. This feature was suggested in a thread here a couple of months ago, and we're very happy to finally test it on the CTE.
Ammo 2.0 Initial Testing
DICE's Ammo 2.0 initiative is kicking off today as well in the CTE, but will require plenty more testing than other gameplay changes. The Battlefield 1 developers are looking to completely rework Resupplies and change how often gadgets can be spammed out.
Once everything has been tweaked properly, there should be a significant reduction in explosives availability while making active resupplies by allies more relevant and less frustrating.
Here's how Ammo 2.0 works:
- Gadgets replenish some of their ammo passively. Usually this is limited to less than the standard maximum amount of ammo. Most of the time it is one magazine.
- If the passive replenish is limited, the timer will keep running after the limit has been reached, but at the end of the cycle it prepares a magazine for instant resupply when getting near an ammo crate, instead of adding ammo directly to your inventory.
- Some gadgets allow you to carry more ammo than the standard maximum if actively resupplying on ammo crates. This bonus ammo is lost when you respawn.
- Ammo crates greatly speed up the replenish rate and allow for full resupplies.
- When you respawn, most gadgets will come with the same amount of ammo you died with. This also extends across two gadgets of the same type, like HE and Frag rifle grenades. However, most gadgets will have a minimum amount of ammo, preventing you from spawning without any ammo.
- Most offensive gadgets do not replenish passively when you are under fire. Active replenish is slowed down.
- Healing gadgets now benefit from nearby ammo crates. They are also not affected by suppression.
Here are the rest of the changes included in the CTE update.
Maps and Game Modes
DICE re-enabled timers to Frontlines, and they are looking into the possibility of making it infinite in custom game modes.
Suez also received its second update which adjusted the capture point layout. Vehicles have also been changed on the map, but DICE did not share what was specifically tuned.
- Reduced amount of planes to 2 per team.
- Changed size of capture area of D point.
- Swapped C and B (As noone seemed to get that it was B for Bridge. Duuh!)
- Changed size of capture area of A point.
- Moved motorcycle out of bush near T2 Spawn.
- Moved spawns back from T2 team in an effort to balance the map out a bit
- Added spawn area AA guns for both teams.
- Removed an MG position that wasn't supposed to be usable.
Here are the rest of the changes regarding maps and game modes on the CTE:
- Fixed issue where players could get in the Char 2C behemoth before it finished deploying and later teleported back.
- Fixed an issue in which the player was able to spawn outside of the combat area in Rush on Soissons.
- Fixed an issue in which the player was able to climb on top of the Fort and another in which the player was able to glitch behind some debris.
- Spectator Mode - fixed free camera boundaries on Giant's Shadow and Soissons.
Weapons and Gadgets
Increased lethal grenade resupply timers:
- Mini: 28s
- Gas: 35s
- Light AT: 42s
- Frag: 49s
- Impact: 49s
- Incendiary: 49s
DICE also increased ammo box resupply rate modifier from 3x to 3.5x for all lethal grenades.
- Hellriegel 1915 Defensive
- Selbstlader 1906 Sniper
- Huot Automatic Optical
- Martini Henry Sniper
Here are the rest of the weapon and gadget changes on the CTE:
- Fixed errors where K Bullets could hurt tanks farther than 150 meters away.
- Fixed incorrectly low drag for the Chauchat.
- Fixed K Bullet icon not being visible in the inventory when using the Lebel.
- Lebel Model 1886:
- Fixed spread decrease being too slow for Infantry version
- Fixed bipod having no influence on recoil and hipfire spread for Sniper version"
- Fixed incorrect scope sway when using 2.00x or 1.25x magnification
- Increased M1903 Experimental trigger pull weight to match the ROF change done in They Shall Not Pass.
- Removed post reload delay when using K Bullets on the Martini-Henry.
- Fixed issue with artillery exploding mid air.
- Fixed an issue where the crosshair disappeared when zooming in using the Villar-Perosa.
- Fixing bayonet bug that allowed player to be killed without triggering the animation when there was no obstacle between them.
- Fix grenade unspawning when character is dead on the server before the grenade was spawned there.
- Fixed an issue where the saber sound kept playing when jumping off a horse while swinging.
- Fixed issue where player could not see nearby medics when killing self with gas.
- Fixed an issue with the Selbstlader 1906 Sniper where rifle grenades were inheriting the velocity of bullets.
- Incoming suppression will halt resupply progress of grenades without an ammo box, and will reduce resupply speed with an ammo box to two thirds its normal value.
- Corrected rate of fire for the M1903 Experimental and Sniper from 51 to 54 rpm, which is the actual ROF for these weapons.
Battlefield 1 console players are getting some love when this adjustment hits live servers. You'll be able to change how fast your aim accelerates when using a gamepad or you can remove it entirely, similar to Battlefield 4.
All of these Battlefield 1 adjustments, including the new Revive Indicator, are live on the Community Test Environment and will enter onto Live Servers after testing.
Check out our YouTube channel to see how you can activate the floating balloon house easter egg: