Following the server maintenance today, April 20, H1Z1: King of the Kill will receive an update that implements Pre-Season 4, server region locks, exploit fixes, and finer game tuning. Pre-Season 3 should close after the server maintenance and you should receive your rewards in your inventory.
H1Z1: King of the Kill's maintenance began at 10:00 AM PST and will last approximately six hours (ending at 4:00 PM PST).
- Leaderboards and Top 10 have been reset.
- Kill scores and tier thresholds have all been updated.
- Pre-season 3 awards will be granted during the update, so as soon as you log in when the servers are back online, you will see those rewards in your inventory.
You can find the full details of the Pre-Season 4 ranking changes here.
Region Selection Updates
Region locking is now on and being enforced at 150ms. If your connection to a data center (other than your default home region) is higher than that, then you will notice that the selection is locked and you will be unable to play on that server. This is being done for the fairness and integrity of all games to ensure a consistent and predictable experience.
Your selection will default to the region with either the best connection or your previous selection.
- Impact sounds on targets were adjusted to make it more obvious when you hit a head or helmet versus hitting armor or the body.
Developer comments: We did not want to add another visual indicator that a player would need to learn to make that distinction, audio is a much better way to do that. Another goal was to ensure a two tap to the head is a satisfying experience as many of you talked about.
- The armor breaking visual effect has been scaled down at closer distances.
Developer comments: We made this change based on player feedback and our goal was to prevent the effect from being distracting by going into the area of the screen occupied by the reticle.
- Daybreak lowered the sound effect volume and frequency for vehicle damage states.
Developer comments: Overall, we feel like this is a good change to the game for the majority of players, so you will still hear it, just a lot less often and more subdued when it does happen.
- Pistol and hunting rifle recoils have been refined to be consistent with the previous patch values.
Developer comments: We inadvertently changed the recoil on pistols with the last content update, this is fixing it back to the way it was.
- Incoming hit-markers when in a vehicle should now show the correct red color when the bullet grazes the vehicle then hits your target.
Developer comments: We are still showing the white ones as it is valuable information to a player, but the red hit is much more emphasized now so it doesn’t get missed.
- Lastly, some minor visual bugs were addressed.
- Removed a way to hide trees and shrubbery in-game.
- Removed a way to bypass the prone animation using Inspect.
- Removed ability to break fences with fists when a nearby teammate is carrying an axe.
- Removed collision from parachutes to prevent tangling with nearby teammates. This should also fix a case where players could fall off their parachutes to death after colliding.
- Players who are running and come to a quick stop should no longer hear extra footsteps.
- Fixed an issue where ADS after using a throwable could use a sensitivity other than your ADS setting.
- The airdrop crate smoke flare should render at a longer distance to make it easier to locate the crate.
- Group HUD should correctly display damage and deaths caused by the toxic gas.
- Passenger names in moving vehicles should be significantly smoothed out.
- Client should properly close when clicking the red “X” to close it before title menu appears.
- Team game winners should no longer see the Solo end-screen if their teammates have exited the match.
- Cleaned up the AK-47’s reload animation while prone.
H1Z1: King of the Kill's April 20 update should go live following the server maintenance ending at approximately 4:00 PM PST.
Get into our YouTube channel to find out which games are worth your money this month, including Persona 5.