Citeulike was a popular citation service that allows consumers to find, bookmark, and share citations across the web and social channels. The portal has evolved to become an integral part of the iGaming community as a leading advisor and resource of reputable iGaming and sports wagering operators. The site promotes and develops references and sites among communities across various markets and topics.
History of CiteULike
The CiteULike was a brand established in 2004 and was an extensive catalog of web pages and resources, incorporating the principle of acting as a researcher’s social bookmarking service. As such, it has always been a web service library of free content supporting a wide array of topics across numerous publications with sharing options that allow users to browse and share. The site created by Richard Cameron laid the foundations of shareable citation information, guidance, research journals, and citation details ranging from academic interests and scientific references with automatic article metadata creation to become a trusted brand worldwide.
The functionality of the site before, during, and after the evolution of the brand has always remained consistent and stayed true to its founding principles. The site worked around the clock to allow users to be able to browse comprehensive data, recommendations, and information, supported by facts, example figures, and in-depth research. Each web page that is present on the Citeulike website is designed to introduce, educate, evaluate and support the focus topic. Authors can also organize the data library with related tags that connect users with related topics of interest and similar resources.
Technologies and Software
Through the use of advanced technology, content management systems, and sophisticated directory software, small scripts stored at Citeulike provide references directly from within a web or mobile browser without the need for additional systems or apps. A database is automatically integrated to retrieve and store details that collate content and resources in manageable portions that are intuitive and user-friendly.
Alternatives to Former Citeulike
Since the evolution of the Citeulike brand, a number of alternative data services and reference management software have established themselves on the web, some of which can be found below.
- Zotero: a reference management software operating on a free and open-source model. The software is designed to manage bibliographic data and can be integrated into web browsers with online syncing and in-text citations.
- Mendeley: an Elsevier-developed software specializing in reference management to manage and share research papers for scholarly articles.
- Eric: an online library of research and information for the purposes of education.
- Diigo: a social bookmarking website with web bookmarks and tags generated by users of the platform. Sticky notes and highlights can be used to pinpoint or reference particular data with private, public, or grouped annotations.
- Google Scholar: a scholarly literature search engine on the web that is freely accessible and focuses on academic journals, books, and papers that meet specific criteria.
Focus on Online Gambling
Citeulike has always been a company that keeps up with current trends. Over the past decade, Citeulike announced that the model would shift towards sought-after topics and trends based on both non-technical and technical data analysis and statistics.
The organization landscape and focus of what Citeulike supported previously are somewhat different today than in its infancy years. The key subject of online gambling has now become the subject matter and primary focal point for its citations and resources, with multiple users being able to import articles into a personal library.
In light of this, the team has been tasked with being a global hub of valuable and useful information and bookmarks designed to assist users with similar interests in their search for a trusted and reputable operator.
Undoubtedly, the design of the hub is developed to be as easy and as accessible as possible to the user in order to provide in-depth and comprehensive gambling resources for fans of casinos, table games, slots, sports betting, poker, bingo, and lotteries.
With responsible gaming and betting at the heart of the CiteULike, people are able to browse accurate information without an online account with complete peace of mind, knowing that the content they are looking at has been carefully researched and constructed to provide access to a safe and trustworthy environment.
Online Gambling Types and Topics
- Online Casinos: the most popular and primary focus category. Operator and top site recommendations based on specific jurisdictions across the globe.
- Casino Games: in-demand and trending games across a variety of sub-categories and variants with operator-specific recommendations for slots, roulette, blackjack, video poker, and more.
- Gambling Bonuses: a directory of new and existing player promotions that are tailored to consumer preferences, such as welcome, sign up, reload, loyalty, VIP, free spins, and no deposit.
- Sports Betting: niche suggestions for online sportsbook operators around the world catering to a variety of popular sports with competitive odds and feature-rich platforms.
- Poker: online rooms to play world-famous Texas Hold’em and Omaha, among other poker variants, with diverse player pools, big prizes, freerolls, competitive tournaments, and rakeback promotions.
- Bingo: top sites and resources for participating in online bingo halls with a variety of games and features to suit all tastes, including 90-ball, speed bingo, jackpot bingo, and more.
- Lottery: take part in lotteries from all over the world at the best lottery operator sites, with a focus on jackpots, trust, and popularity.
As you may know, the subject of online gambling is huge. As well as the core categories above, there are many different aspects and sub-categories to note on a particular page. These include:
- Licensing and Regulation
- Technology and Security
With the worldwide availability of network connections and the internet, there’s never been a period of time when online gambling has been more accessible. Using a gaming journal like Citeulike is not only useful, it’s essential to educate yourself with trusted resources and recommendations for all your gambling needs. Whether you’re concerned about security or have a question about trust and reputability, Citeulike will have the answer. By reading reviews, guides and tips, you will be able to responsibly play your favorite casino games and bet on sports at recommended operators in regulated markets around the world.