As a digital business, it is your foremost priority to catch the eyes of your visitors. There are several ways you get the job done. One winning way of sealing the deal with your customers is by making that strong first impression. After all, the first impression is the last impression. You can achieve the goal by giving your website emphatic web design. If you’re able to make that instant connection with your visitors, chances are that you are soon going to grab a sale from them.
Even if you are a small business, website design can go a long way in establishing that immediate connection with your potential buyers. You need that as a small business because the bigger your sales are, the higher your chances are for making it big.
In this article, you will learn how your website can create an impact on its visitors with decent web design.
Make a Strong First Impression
It is about making that first impression. When your website receives traffic, it should be able to make that instant impact on the minds of the visitors. This is where the appearance of your website holds the key. The visitors spend not more than three seconds to make a judgment about your website, and hence your company. Therefore, you should make sure that you are giving your website the best chance of representing your business with its potential customers. When it will be able to make a positive impact on the audience, especially in those first few seconds, you’re well and truly on your way to seal the deal.
- It is imperative for your website to look good across many devices. Whether it is a smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer, your website should look great on all devices.
- Fonts are an integral part of the overall appearance of your website. Therefore, you should make sure that your website fonts are not only easy to apprehend, but they also look attractive to the visitors. You rely heavily on your textual content to grab the attention of your visitors. If they are able to consume the content easily because of the fonts, you have done a great job already.
- Not all of your website visitors are going to read your content. For such visitors, you should have infographics images placed within the content. These images should present a summary of your content. It would allow visitors to consume your content in the shortest possible time. Images are also more likely to be shared across social media platforms and they are a great source of traffic generation too.
- Apart from those images, you should also spend some time in uploading videos and interactive media within your content to engage your visitors. These videos offer detailed information about your services or products, which allow visitors to make an informed buying decision.
Speak for Your Professionalism
When someone visits your site, you want them to understand that you have a respectable business ideology and a modern outlook. Some of the important elements which flaunt your website’s professionalism include:
- Show the visitors who are working behind this website. And mention the contact details, so they can contact you easily. Show the picture of the team working on that business.
- Show the feedbacks of satisfied clients to convert new visitors into clients.
- It should have a dedicated page that offers details about your company’s activities and should also offer an insight into its values.
Believe in Clarity
One of the most emphatic ways of grabbing the attention of your website visitors is by offering them clarity. It means your visitors should be able to detect their required stuff on the website within the first few seconds. You should do the following two things to make that happen.
- Your site should automatically add the first page of users’ visit when they click on a new link on your website. It would allow the users to revert to that first page if and when required.
- If your website has a drop-down menu, your users would be able to get a glimpse of the categories the pages contain without having to open them one by one.
Make Sure It Loads Instantly
When you’re striving to make that strong first impression, make sure that your website should be able to load in the shortest possible time. Most of the users wait for not more than three seconds to draw their attention away to some other website. Therefore, it is important for your website to load in a quick time. You know what, search engines also love the websites with short load time.
You can achieve this goal by applying the following methods.
- You can optimize images on your webpage so that your site can load as quickly as possible.
- You can remove the auto-play option of videos and audios.
- Use white space for the text to reduce data demand, it also makes it easier for visitors to read your content, especially on hand-held devices.
The End Goal Should be Conversions
Your website should offer a royal experience to the visitors so that they feel proud of giving you business. The conversion rate of your website will decide the success or failure of your business at the end of the day. It becomes even more crucial for smaller businesses as they have limited resources to make their presence felt and this is why their website should be the driving force. Let’s take a look at some of the ways your website can enjoy a decent conversion rate.
- Call-to-action is an integral aspect of the conversion rate and you should use different color combinations to make that happen. The web design should intelligently use contrast to highlight selling proposals to your visitors.
- Simple web designs generally do the job, because they are easy-to-navigate through. They also offer content in an organized way which makes it easier for visitors to convert into a client.
- In an ideal world, if your website is able to show your visitors human faces, it would help a great deal in your cause. You may use stock images too, but it works best when you use the faces of your staff.
The Final Thoughts
At the end of the day, the idea of creating a website for your small business is to find new customers of your services or products. When you install a decent web design that offers clarity and organized content, the visitors will find it easier to navigate through the content and find those crucial call-to-action buttons without a hassle.