It’s always a bonus when video games offer freebies to their players, but as you can imagine, this isn’t a common occurrence. Garena Free Fire is one of the few battle royale titles that give players freebies. The game already offers you many items from the get-go, such as bundles, emotes, skins, costumes, guns, and more.
You can acquire these items by using Diamonds, an in-game currency, but you can also get them free by participating in various in-game events. However, there’s a third way you can earn rewards in Garena Free Fire: the developers themselves also give out free reward codes you can redeem. These codes hold great rewards, such as new skins and other things that improve your gameplay experience.
If you received a free code from the developers, you can redeem them through the official Free Fire redemption website. But if you need more assistance figuring it out, no worries. In this article, we’ll help you every step of the way.
More Details About the Free Fire Rewards
As mentioned, Garena Free Fire has an expansive list of enticing in-game items, but most of these are not that affordable as you still have to spend Diamonds to buy most of them. However, there are instances where the game’s developers release exclusive redeem codes for players to enjoy.
These codes allow you to get your hands on excellent in-game items for free, including emotes, skins, characters, guns, costumes, and many more. However, it’s worth noting that these codes expire, so you’ll need to redeem them before that specific date passes. Otherwise, the code will become void.
In addition, these codes are typically given to players of a specific server, which means that players from regions outside of that server won’t be able to redeem them.
With that in mind, here are a couple of fun facts about these Free Fire codes.
- A legit Free Fire Redemption code will consist of 12 characters featuring numbers and capital letters.
- After successfully redeeming the codes, the items you acquire will be available on the vault tab in the game lobby.
- If a Redeem code contains gold or diamonds, the amount will immediately reflect in your account after redemption.
- You can’t use a guest account to redeem the free codes.
A Step-By-Step Guide on Redeeming Free Fire Codes
To redeem the codes you’ve received, you’ll have to go to Garena Free Fire’s dedicated website rewards.ff.garena.com. There’s no other way to redeem the free codes from developers, so ensure you’re going to the correct website and not some dupe.
That said, here are the steps to redeem Free Fire codes:
- Head over to the website indicated above using your web browser of choice.
- Log into your account. Alternative login options include Facebook, Twitter, VK, Apple ID, Google, and Huawei ID.
- Once you’ve logged in successfully, type in or paste the redeem code on the designated field. Tap Confirmed afterward.
- You’ll see a pop-up message appear on the screen, which should confirm whether your redemption was successful.
- From there, go ahead and launch Garena Free Fire on your smartphone.
- Collect the free rewards from your in-game mailbox.
However, as mentioned previously, you can’t redeem any codes if you use a guest account. That’s why we recommend that you link your Free Fire account to your social networking platforms such as Google, Facebook, or any of the other platforms mentioned above.
Redeeming Free Fire codes will typically go smoothly, but it’s worth noting that there’s a chance you’ll experience some errors during the process. Typically, one of the primary reasons you’d receive an error message is if the code is only meant for a specific server.
In other words, if a player who lives outside that server’s region tried to redeem the codes, they’ll undoubtedly encounter an error message saying, “Failed to redeem. This code cannot be used in your region.”
Another possible reason is that the code has already expired, which means it’s no longer usable.