We’ve all been there – you take the perfect shot, only to realize later that there’s an unwanted object in the frame. Whether it’s a photobomber, a stray piece of trash, or an ex, these imperfections can ruin an otherwise great picture. In such situations, the ability to remove objects from photos becomes essential.
Thankfully, there are several tools and techniques available to help you remove unwanted objects from photos for free or at a reasonable cost. In this article, we will discuss the top 5 ways to remove objects from photos and weigh their pros and cons.
Tools and Solutions
1. HitPaw Photo Object Remover
HitPaw is a photo editing tool designed to help you remove an object from a photo with ease. It’s an ideal choice for those who want a dedicated object removal tool without the complexity of professional software.
- Supports bulk import: HitPaw allows you to import multiple photos at once, making it convenient for batch editing.
- HitPaw is very cost-effective and gives a good return on investment. It streamlines the process of removing objects from photos.
- Multiple zones can be selected: You can select and remove multiple unwanted objects in a single photo.
- Slow in speed: HitPaw can be slow to process large or complex images.
HitPaw Photo Object Remover stands out as the best option for most users, offering a balance of ease of use, functionality, and versatility. Its ability to handle bulk imports and multiple zone selection adds to its appeal, making it ideal for both occasional users and professionals. Although it may be slower when processing complex images, its overall performance and user-friendly interface make it the top choice for removing objects from photos.
Steps for using HitPaw:
- To begin, the initial step requires downloading and installing the software. After completion of this process, HitPaw should be opened.
- Following this step, the chosen photograph can be altered by either uploading it to HitPaw or dragging it to the software.
- HitPaw offers three modes of operation which include smooth filling for pictures with a single color and texture filling for pictures with multiple colors. Once the mode required is selected, objects can be removed.
- Lastly, export the edited image by clicking on the remove watermark button, which is completely free of charge.
2. Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is a powerful photo editing software that allows you to remove unwanted objects from photos with precision. It’s a favorite among professionals and can deliver outstanding results.
- Professional: Photoshop is the industry standard for photo editing, providing you with a wide array of tools to perfect your images.
- High quality: The results obtained using Photoshop are often exceptional, especially if you’re familiar with the software.
- Difficult to use: Photoshop has a steep learning curve, which can be challenging for beginners.
- Expensive: Adobe Photoshop requires a monthly subscription, making it a costly option for occasional users.
Adobe Photoshop is the industry standard for photo editing, offering unmatched precision and control for removing unwanted objects from photos. With an extensive set of tools, it’s perfect for professionals and experienced users. However, the steep learning curve and expensive subscription model may make it less appealing to occasional users and beginners.
Step-by-step methods to use Adobe Photoshop to remove objects from photos:
- Open your image in Photoshop.
- Create a new layer
3. Select the “Spot Healing Brush Tool” from the toolbar.
4. Adjust the brush size to cover the unwanted object and use the content aware fill.
5. Click and paint over the object. Photoshop will automatically fill the area with the surrounding content.
6. Fine-tune the result using the “Clone Stamp Tool” if necessary.
AirBrush is a mobile app designed to help you remove unwanted objects from photos for free. It’s a user-friendly option for those looking to quickly edit their images on the go.
- Easy to use: The app’s interface is simple and intuitive, making it suitable for beginners.
- Free: AirBrush offers basic object removal features for free, with optional in-app purchases for additional functionality.
- Limited features: Compared to more advanced software like Photoshop, AirBrush offers limited editing capabilities.
- Quality may vary: The results may not be as polished as those achieved using professional software.
AirBrush is a user-friendly mobile app that allows you to remove unwanted objects from photos with ease. Its simple interface makes it suitable for beginners and those seeking a quick fix. While it’s a convenient and free option, the limited features and varying quality of the results make it less suitable for professional use.
Method to use AirBrush app:
- Download and install the AirBrush app on your mobile device.
- Open the app and import the photo you want to edit.
- Select the “Erase” tool and adjust the brush size.
- Paint over the unwanted object to remove it from the photo.
- Save your edited image.
PixelCut is an online tool that allows you to remove unwanted objects from photos for free or for a small fee. It’s a convenient option for those who don’t want to download software or apps.
- Easy to use: PixelCut’s interface is straightforward and user-friendly.
- No downloads required: As an online tool, Pixel Cut can be accessed through your web browser without the need to download or install any software.
- Quality may vary: The results can be inconsistent, depending on the complexity of the photo.
- Limited features: PixelCut may not offer as many editing options as dedicated photo editing software.
PixelCut is an accessible online object remover for photos without downloading any software. Its straightforward interface makes it easy to use, but the limited features and inconsistent quality may not satisfy more demanding users. It’s a reasonable choice for simple edits but may not be ideal for professional work.
Method to use PixelCut:
- Visit the PixelCut website.
- Upload your photo by clicking the “Upload” button.
- Select the “Object Removal” tool from the toolbar.
- Use the brush to paint over the unwanted object.
- Click the “Process” button to let PixelCut remove the object from the photo.
- Download the edited image.
Fiverr is an online marketplace where you can find a wide range of freelance services, including object remover for photos. You can hire a professional who will use their expertise to remove unwanted objects from your photos.
- Convenience: You don’t need to learn any new skills or software. Just provide your photo, and the freelancer will do the rest.
- High quality: Professionals on Fiverr are experienced and skilled, ensuring that the final result will be of high quality.
- Privacy: Sharing your photos with a stranger might not be ideal for everyone, especially if the images contain sensitive information.
- Expensive: The cost of hiring a professional on Fiverr can add up, particularly if you need to remove objects from multiple photos.
Fiverr is an excellent platform for hiring skilled professionals who can seamlessly remove unwanted objects from your photos. The quality of the results is impressive, making it perfect for those who prioritize top-notch outcomes. However, the cost and potential privacy concerns may deter some users from utilizing Fiverr’s services.
Each of these five methods has its advantages and drawbacks when it comes to removing unwanted objects from photos. Fiverr is great for convenience and quality but can be expensive and raises privacy concerns. Adobe Photoshop is a professional solution but it may be difficult for beginners and requires a subscription.
The AirBrush app and PixelCut are both easy-to-use and free options but offer limited features and variable quality. Finally, HitPaw, as an object remover, strikes a balance between ease of use and functionality, with the added benefits of bulk import and multiple zone selection.
Considering these factors, we recommend HitPaw as the best option for most users looking to remove unwanted objects from photos. Its combination of ease of use, bulk import capabilities, and multiple zone selection make it a versatile and user-friendly choice for your photo editing needs.