There are many platforms that allow you to share small files and documents with anyone in the world. However, most of these file-sharing services control the size of files and folders you can transfer. So this makes it hard to share movies, games, and other huge files over the internet.
However, we’ve compiled a list of five file-sharing services that allow you to share large files of any size with anyone. This article highlights their unique features, integrations, and how they get the job done.
FileWhopper is a file-sharing tool that allows you to transfer files and folders of any size without buying a storage or subscription package. Freelancers and gamers can easily transfer large amounts of data by paying a one-time fee that depends on the size of the file or folder that is to be transferred.
Your first transfer of up to 5GB is free, and you can subsequently send files/folders for as low as $4.99 for 10GB, $5.99 for 15GB, etc. Data transfers occur at a fast speed, and recipients can start downloading files even when the upload is still ongoing. All files and folders are encrypted with a unique transfer ID and password. So any information sent via FileWhopper can only be accessed by the sender and recipient.
- There are no transfer limits in FileWhopper: users can send files of 1GB, 1TB, or even 10TB.
- There is no need for a monthly subscription or storage plan.
- FileWhopper is a pay-as-you-go platform: users only pay a one-time fee based on the size of the transfer.
- Files and folders are encrypted with a transfer ID and protected with a password.
- FileWhopper’s multi-threaded data transfer technology allows uploading and downloading to happen simultaneously.
How to Use FileWhopper
FileWhopper is highly intuitive and easy to use, and the entire process of registration, payment, and file/folder uploading is pretty straightforward. Feel free to use the steps below to perform a transfer using FileWhopper:
- Go to FileWhopper.
- Now, click the “Choose file” button to pick a file or the “Choose folder” button to pick a folder. You can also drag the file or folder onto the corresponding button and drop it.
- On the new screen, locate the “Folder info” section to confirm the size of your file or folder.
- Under the “Additional services and price” section, you’re free to include extra services by checking the relevant boxes.
- Afterward, scroll down to the “Register/Log in” section and select the “Registration” button to proceed.
- Type your name and email address into the provided space and select the “REGISTER” option.
- Go to your inbox or spam folder to confirm your email address and proceed to make the payment using a debit card or PayPal.
- After making your payment, on the next screen, you will see the option to download FileWhopper’s tiny desktop app. It will auto-delete after the upload is finished.
- Open the desktop app and proceed to upload the file or folder you have paid for by clicking on “CLICK TO CHOOSE FOLDER”.
- Now, copy the download link and password and share them with the recipient.
WeTransfer is a highly intuitive and user-friendly platform that allows users to transfer files and folders without registration. With WeTransfer, it’s easy to send files to anyone as long as you have their email address. You are able to share links with a maximum of 50 people and can also track who has downloaded your file or folder.
The free plan allows users to send files of up to 2GB at a time, and the pro version, which extends this limit to 20GB, starts from $12 per month. The Pro plan is suitable for those who want to send unlimited files, customize transfer emails, and more.
- Registration is not required.
- Its simple drag-and-drop interface makes the transfer process easier.
- You can send files and folders of up to 2GB for free.
- WeTransfer integrates with Sketch, Slack, and more.
- It is compatible with web browsers and iOS and Android devices.
Filemail is a simple file transfer platform that is compatible with web browsers and iOS and Android devices. To make a transfer, you only need to fill in your email address and that of the recipient and then attach the file or folder you want to send. You can send a file or folder to unlimited recipients, track the number of times it has been viewed or downloaded, and also control when the download link should expire.
With the free plan, you can upload files and folders of up to 50GB, while the Pro plan also allows you to store up to 1TB. Remember, files that are sent on the free plan on Filemail aren’t encrypted.
- Registration isn’t required to make transfers.
- You can send files and folders to unlimited recipients.
- There are download tracking and management features available.
pCloud is a cloud storage service that gives users up to 10GB of free storage. It also doubles as a file-sharing platform that allows users to send files of up to 5GB. You can easily invite anyone to view folders. You can also share protected download links and also public links if the recipient doesn’t own a pCloud account.
With pCloud, you can track file history for 30 days and rewind to previous file versions in case you accidentally delete a file or make mistakes. pCloud also has a feature called “pCloud Crypto” – it allows you to encrypt files right from your device before they are sent to the cloud.
- You can enjoy a lifetime subscription plan.
- There is unique client-side encryption for files and folders.
- It is compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android devices.
TeraShare is a file-sharing and cloud storage platform. You can share files with unlimited recipients and also track their bandwidth in order to improve download speeds. A recipient can start downloading data without having to wait for the sender to finish the upload. However, if a transfer is less than 10GB, recipients can always access the data in the cloud and download it at any time.
- You can transfer data to unlimited recipients.
- You get to enjoy a forever-free cloud storage space of up to 10GB.
- The platform features simultaneous uploads and downloads.
No wonder gamers, programmers, and freelancers have to share large files every now and then. Hopefully, the options in this article have made it easier for you to choose the right file-sharing platform.
We would like to know what file transfer platform suits your needs best and why. Feel free to use the comment box to tell us about your experience.