It is understandable that you, as a user of instant messaging platforms like WhatsApp, may become unsatisfied with the features it can offer. Especially, if you hear about downloadable mods or versions that offer capabilities not present in the original app. But there is a perspective or side that those who promote using such mods are not open about. They just encourage users to download the mods without pointing out the risks involved. Yet, why would they if they can gain something from it?
This is why we created this piece. It is to warn you against the use of such mods that may get your WhatsApp account banned forever and, worse, may even peril your personal information, such as your financial data, plus many other consequences that you would not like.
Here, in this article, we will tackle a very popular WhatsApp mod that has been luring several people into it without them knowing the consequences. Perhaps you have heard about GB WhatsApp.
GB WhatsApp Overview
GB WhatsApp, also known as GB WhatsApp APK, pertains to the modified version of the official WhatsApp, which, to attract users, comes with extra features not present in the official WhatsApp. It is one of the most famous WhatsApp mods and was developed by unknown developers back in 2014.
GB WhatsApp offers various features such as status downloader, anti-message delete, and anti-status delete, among others. These, you will learn more about later, so keep on reading. Other features include hiding and locking your WhatsApp chats with this WhatsApp mod APK.
Without knowledge of the bad things about this mod, you will be enticed to download it, considering the features it can provide. But we tell you, this is not worth your time.
Why You Should Not Use GB WhatsApp
Once you use third-party apps like GB WhatsApp, your original WhatsApp account can be banned permanently. You read that right. So beware.
Moreover, these apps can likewise compromise your privacy as there are no well-known sources for downloading the app.
WhatsApp itself has warned of using these mods.
Its FAQs page once said, “Unsupported apps, such as WhatsApp Plus, GB WhatsApp, or apps that claim to move your WhatsApp chats between phones, are altered versions of WhatsApp. These unofficial apps are developed by third parties and violate our Terms of Service. WhatsApp doesn’t support these third-party apps because we can’t validate their security practices.”
GB WhatsApp Is Not Available On Google Play Store: Now That’s A Red Flag
The fact that this mod is not available on Google Play Store should already raise a red flag.
Google Play Store requires all software to pass specific security and privacy standards in order to be approved, and to be included in the store’s catalog. Therefore, the fact that this app or mod is not available on this app store means that it does not follow Google’s rules to be part of the collection officially.
GB WhatsApp is among those mods that use the source code from the WhatsApp application but without an official license. What does this mean? Well, it only means there is no way to verify whether the software is indeed safe and free from viruses or malware.
Also, unlike the original WhatsApp, there is no guarantee that safety criteria exist for using the software.
Again, what does this mean? It means that first, your contact list is exposed, as it may eliminate end-to-end encryption. When the source code is broken, there is this risk that confidential user information could be accessed.
Furthermore, data and conversation content could be intercepted, and there is a possibility of infiltration by malicious code or viruses.
And as discussed earlier, there is the danger WhatsApp could detect the use of this mod, causing the user to lose the ability to use the original app.
To summarize, the primary risk is rooted in a lack of information about the app’s origin and configuration. For instance, how they encrypt information is unknown, as well as how long the app will continue to exist.
Features Of GB WhatsApp
Here are the features that GB WhatsApp says it offers, features that attract users to download it.
- Auto-reply feature
- Enhanced privacy options
- Capability to hide last seen
- Hide the message delivered
- Hide read receipts
- Hide last seen for particular contacts only
- Set Group name up to 35 characters
- Ability to save any WhatsApp store to your phone
- Copy the contacts’ statuses by simply tapping on their status
- Send all files, such as APK and more
- Capability to set your status up to 255 characters instead of the traditional 139 characters
- Send a broadcast to 600 people from only 250 people
- Copy the status selectively
- Click on the links right away without needing to save the sender’s number of the Group Admin’s number
- A mod that distinguishes between normal messages and broadcast messages
- Option to stay online for 24 hours (obviously, on the cost of your battery consumption)
- Ability to call directly on the phone from the app itself
- Change the styles of bubbles and ticks
- Mod any aspect of the app as you wish
- Pin more than three chats
- Show Contacts Tab in a different style
- Capability to send a 50 MB video instead of the 16 MB limit
- Send a 100 MB audio clip instead of just 16 MB
- Send 90 images in a single time instead of just 10 images
- Hide the name and date when you are copying two or more messages
- Download and change the app’s theme
The features may be attractive, but is GB WhatsApp safe to use? Clearly, considering every aspect of it, the answer is no.
Keep on browsing this PVP Live website for more articles and discussions like this, plus more insights on technology, gaming, and cryptocurrency, among many others.