With the game’s release date fast approaching, Modus Games has released a new trailer for the psychological horror game Remothered: Broken Porcelain. The trailer which has been entitled “Whispers” introduces us to the protagonist Jennifer as well as Lindsay.
The trailer is only a minute and 35 seconds long, so it doesn’t reveal much. However, what we do know is that Jennifer and Linsday form a connection like no other at Ashmann Inn – a residence that is full of unexpected horrors.
Remothered: Broken Porcelain is a sequel to Remothered: Tormented Fathers, which was released in 2018. Just like the prequel, hide and seek is a very important gameplay mechanic. This is because the purpose of the game is to hide or stay very far away from the terrors you will come across at Ashmann Inn. In other words, avoiding combat is a crucial part of successfully playing the game.
“The truths buried in the Ashmann Inn will not be discovered easily – its many mysteries are intertwined and guarded by the looming threat of the stalkers, powerful hunters trapped in time and the confines of its walls. Survival will take more than just quick reactions as a strategic and resourceful approach will quickly become critical in this haunting adventure. Be smart – knowing the best time to sneak, flee or fight imminent dangers can quickly make the hunters become the hunted.”
Here are the key features of the game, as listed on its Steam page:
- Thrilling Psychological Plot – The award-winning cult classic Remothered returns in Broken Porcelain, the perfect entry point for new fans discovering the franchise as well as series veterans craving additional lore surrounding the events and characters of Tormented Fathers.
- Realistic Survival Horror – The Ashmann Inn is as rich in resources as is its dangers. Cautiously scour the environment for items to aid your exploration of unsettling locations that hide grave secrets of a terrifying past.
- Intense Stealth Gameplay – Roam among the shadows of Ashmann Inn and use everything at your disposal to distract enemies for a resourceful escape.
- Investigate and Escape – Challenging puzzles, expanded lore, and a haunting soundtrack by composer Luca Balboni (Remothered: Tormented Fathers, Mine, Watch Them Fall) transforms the dark and gloomy atmosphere into a terrifying experience that will haunt players well after the game is over.
- Captivating Characters – The roster of charismatic characters grows as fan favorites return to meet all the new additions to the cast inspired by the protagonists of horror classics.
- Real-Time Cinematics – In a series first, fully animated real-time cinematics will breathe new life into the characters and world of Remothered for an unprecedented level of immersion.
Are you as excited about this game as we are? Remothered: Broken Porcelain will be available on PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One this upcoming October 20, 2020.