New phones these days bring in exciting new apps, especially since technology is always changing and improving, and companies need to step up their game constantly if they want to have a chance at staying afloat in this saturated market. This is especially the case for companies that are part of the mobile industry.
At this moment in time, it appears that Samsung is truly aware of how to make the user experience fun for its users, especially with the release of the AR Zone app. If you’re an Android user, you’ve probably heard of AR Zone. In fact, it’s one of the most trending forms of innovative technology right now.
AR means Augmented Reality, and the AR Zone app comes with exciting features that will keep entertained for hours, such as the AR Doodle and AR Emoji. It’s only available on Android at the moment, but this new innovating app has caught the attention of many users and headlines.
In this article, we’ll talk more about this cool app along with its many exciting features. If you have the latest Samsung device, then you shouldn’t miss this.
What Is the AR Zone App?
With the AR Zone app, you can go through a one-of-a-kind augmented reality experience on your phone. You can use it to take photos and videos while integrating all the fun elements and features. For instance, you can include makeup, emojis, furniture, and more into the videos and images that you take.
As such, it can take picture-taking to a completely different level, not to mention how easy to use it is. Having a feature-rich app such as this paves the way for customer satisfaction, and it’s easy to see why.
That being said, let’s take a look at AR Zone’s different features. Although, it’s worth mentioning that this app is only available on select Samsung models, namely the Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, and Z Flip. So even if you have an Android device, you may not be able to find this feature if you don’t have one of the latest Samsung phones.
What Can You Do on This App?
There are technically six different features that you can tinker around with when using the AR Zone app. These features are:
- AR Emoji Studio
- Quick Measure
- AR Emoji Sticker
- AR Doodle
- AR Zone Camera
- Dedo Pic
- Home Décor Feature
On the other hand, some other models by Samsung also have extra features like a 3D Scanner and styling options.
AR Emoji Studio
The AR Emoji Studio is another fantastic feature that comes with AR Zone. With this option, you can easily create animated characters to make your videos or pictures stand out. Not only that, but these characters are completely customizable, so you can choose the shoes, clothing, sunglasses, hairstyle, and more.
Here’s how to use this feature:
- When you’re on the AR Zone app, select the AR Emoji Studio option. However, if you haven’t created one just yet, select “Create My Emoji” first.
- Follow the provided on-screen instructions. This will help you navigate the app and customize your emoji.
- Once you’re done customizing the emoji you’ve made, tap and hold the back symbol to see other AR features available to you.
Samsung users will definitely appreciate AR Zone’s Quick Measure feature, as you can use it to measure the size and distance of something using just your phone. This can come in handy when you don’t have a tape measure with you.
AR Emoji Sticker
Once you’ve made your own emoji character via the AR Emoji Studio and you want to edit the character some more or even add a new one, you can do so by tapping on “My Emoji.” Then, follow these instructions:
- Go to the “All” section to see the various emoji characters available.
- Tap the contact number of the person you want to share your emoji character to.
- If you want to create a GIF out of your creations, select the Get Started option and follow the provided instructions.
If you’re a fan of creating doodles, then you’ll definitely have a blast with the AR Doodle feature. Using this option, you can easily draw abstract patterns or random anime characters. This is perfect if you want to distract yourself from stress or anxiety.
How does this work? Well, you simply have to choose an image and draw your Doodle art on it. The best part is that AR Doodle tracks your face, which means that the doodle you’ve made on your phone screen will move along with you whenever you move your head or any slight movements.
AR Zone Camera
The AR Zone Camera is a neat feature because it gives you the chance to create an emoji version of yourself. Plus, this app allows you to effortlessly record videos and take cool photos. If you’re interested in creating your emoji counterpart, you must first take portrait shots of yourself. You can also take photos of your friends and family if you want to create an emoji version of them.
Then, head over to the My Emoji section to start creating the emoji. As you were taking photos of yourself or others, find the picture that you want to use as a reference. Other than that, the AR Zone Camera also has various camera modes with their own pre-made characters you can have fun with. You can even turn on the animation mode while recording videos at the same time.
Curious how to enable this feature? Here’s what you need to do:
- Tap on the Camera app, and choose the “More” option.
- Select the “AR Zone” option.
- Head over to “AR Emoji Camera” from the list of drop-down options.
- If you want to create or add a new emoji character, tap on the plus (+) sign.
- The app provides simple instructions for the new users, which we appreciate.
- Tap through the tutorial until you’ve reached the AR emoji app camera modes.
- Select the “Mask” mode if you wish to record videos. This option will allow you to use the mask emoji to create an animated version when you record videos or take selfies.
- Scroll down to find more camera options to choose from, including Play, Mirror, and Scene.
The AR Zone offers fun and customizability to a whole new level, and who doesn’t want that? If you’re lucky enough to have this new Android technology on your smartphone, feel free to explore and experiment with the various modes and features. And most importantly, have fun!