Pokemon Go developer Niantic has unveiled all the events coming to Pokemon Go for September 2020. This means another busy month for all Pokemon Go players.
Five Star Raids
The most interesting announcement is the arrival of four Legendary Pokemon to Five-Star Raids next month. Here are the details:
- Heatran arrived at Pokemon Go last August 21, 2020, but will still be available in the game until September 10, 2020.
- Starting on September 10, 2020, Cresselia will join the game and will be available to catch until September 18, 2020.
- Articuno will return to Pokemon Go on September 18, 2020. This event will end on September 25, 2020.
- Lastly, Zapdos will be available in Raids on September 25, 2020, until October 2, 2020.
In addition, Victini will be the featured Pokemon in a new Special Research quest called “Investigate a Mysterious Energy”. This event will be the first opportunity for all Pokemon Go players who haven’t joined in the Pokemon Go Fest 2020 events to catch the Mythical Pokemon, Victini.
For players who have already finished the “Rocket Straight to Victory” quest and have captured this Pokemon, completing this Special Research will grant them extra Victini candies.
For September, the featured Pokemon for the new Research Reward Breakthrough Encounter event will be the Alolan form of Raichu. To make things more exciting, the Alolan Raichu can also be caught in its Shiny form.
Pokemon Go Spotlight Hours
The Spotlight Hours have also been announced which will features:
- Eevee on September 1 – 2x Catch EXP
- Houndour on September 8 – 2x Catch Candy
- Tentacool on September 15 – 2x Transfer Candy
- Spearow on September 22 – 2x Evolve EXP
- Skitty on September 29 – 2x Catch Stardust
Go Battle Event
On September 24, from 6 PM to 12 AM local time, a new Go Battle Event will be held. Players who will log in to the game during these times will receive 2x Stardust every time they participate in the Go Battle League. Aside from this, they will be allowed to finish 20 sets, instead of the usual five.
Jessie and James
— Pokémon Blog (@PokemonBlogs) August 26, 2020
Finally, Team Rocket’s Jessie and James will be leaving the game on September 30, 2020. Players who haven’t encountered a giant Meowth hot air balloon will have until the end of next month to challenge the iconic duo.